PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
***In order to enroll, we ask that you read this document completely. Once you click "I Agree", we can begin!***
MODERN YOGA METHOD ONLINE COURSE AGREEMENT
Modern Yoga Method empowers you to push the boundaries of traditional thinking through a selection of online courses that include anatomy, teaching techniques for group and private classes, manual therapy techniques, biomechanics, physiology, systems of the body, virtual yoga and pilates classes for personal use.
Why You’re Reading This Document
This course agreement (the “Agreement”) outlines the terms and conditions for participating in our online courses.
By signing up for our online program, you agree to be bound by the following conditions:
- Parties. This Agreement is made between Modern Yoga Method Inc., a company incorporated in Ontario (“Modern Yoga Method”, “MYM” “I”, and “me”) and you, the undersigned (“you” and “your”).
- Course Offerings. MYM will provide you with a selection of online courses that include anatomy, teaching techniques for group and private classes, manual therapy techniques, biomechanics, physiology, systems of the body, virtual yoga and pilates classes for personal use and online mentoring, when applicable (collectively the “Online Courses”).
- Payment. Full payment due upon purchase of the online course and will be collected through the service provider Teachable and Udemy. No payment plans or installment options are offered.
- Term + Termination. This Agreement will be binding upon your payment for the online program. Once purchased online, you will receive access to the Online Courses to use in your own time at your own discretion. Please note that if you violate any of the terms of this Agreement, MYM may terminate this Agreement effective immediately and you will not be entitled to any refunds or any continued working relationship with MYM.
- Course Completion. All courses are independent study and completion of any course is not monitored. It is up to you to complete the course in your own time. No testing or exams are administered.
- Cancellations and Refunds. All sales are final sale. There will be no refunds whatsoever.
- Individual Login Access. Any passwords and user IDs used to access the Online Courses as part of this Agreement are for your individual use only. You are responsible for the security of your password and user ID and for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. You agree to notify the Provider immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. MYM will be entitled to monitor passwords and user IDs and, at its discretion, require you to change passwords. You further agree that MYM will not be responsible for the unauthorized use of your profile by any other person and is under no obligation to confirm the actual identity of any password or user ID. MYM cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these provisions. Should you violate this provision or any other provision in this Agreement, MYM reserves the right to immediately revoke your access to the Online Courses and block your access of the website or online curriculum, without providing any refund.
- No Guarantees. As this is an independent study arrangement, it is up to you what you get out of the online curriculum. No guarantees can be made for the results from this program.
- Communication. All communication will be done via email, online messaging and social media.
- Ownership of Intellectual Property. All materials provided in connection with this Agreement, including without limitation, written or printed documents, photographs, audio and video recordings and software programs, and all copies and derivative works relating thereto (the “Course Materials”), are and will remain the sole and exclusive property of MYM. You have a limited, non-exclusive right to use the Course Materials to the extent necessary to complete the online curriculum. An example of something you are not allowed to do with the Course Materials would be to create a photocopy or reproduce the Course Materials and give it to a friend or sell it to someone. Another example would be to use the Course Materials to create your own online program, or to provide them to someone else who intends to do so.
- Legal Things That Are REALLY Important. Before you participate in our Online Courses, you must sign our waiver and release of liability form. Please read it and make sure you understand it. You need to sign that form as well as this Agreement so that we can be absolutely sure you understand and agree to it.
- Standard Legal Things. You know you’re almost at the end of the Agreement when you get to the standard stuff that no one cares about but is still kind of important! Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario. Severability. If any provisions of this Agreement are invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in the Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements. Waiver of Breach. The waiver by me of any breach by you of any provision of this Agreement will not be taken to be a waiver of any further breaches by you. Notice. For the purpose of this Agreement, e-mail or text will suffice for written notice when required as set out above. Headings. The headings used in this Agreement are for stylistic purposes only and none of the content in the headings are intended to be legally binding. Counterparts. This agreement may be signed in any number of counterparts, each of which is an original, and all of which taken together constitute one single document. Online Agreement. We agree that this Agreement may be signed electronically or agreed to by having you click “I Agree”, the effect of which will be the same as if we signed the Agreement by hand and the intention of which is that both parties desire to be bound by all the terms of the Agreement.
Modern Yoga Method
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Students in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Students enroll in the School or a Course within the School, subscribe to a newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available in our School. Students may visit the School anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Students only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Students can refuse to supply personal identification information but doing so may prevent them from engaging in certain School related activities.
How we use collected information
The School may collect and use Students’ personal identification information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Students as a group use the services and resources provided in our School.
To send periodic emails
We may use Student email addresses to send Students information and updates pertaining to their order. Student email addresses may also be used to respond to Student inquiries, questions, or other requests.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Student personal identification information to others.
Third party websites
Student may find advertising or other content in our School that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our School. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Student, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms